Keep it simple.
- Wash your new tattoo lightly with an approved mild antibacterial soap (most Dr. Bronners work for me)
- Keep your tattoos clean!
- Start applying a light layer of lotion a couple of days after you receive your new tattoo.
- Don’t pick, scratch, or soak your new tattoo.
- The water in Waikiki Hawaii is especially high in bacteria. Don’t go in the ocean with a fresh tattoo and stay out of pools, tubs and saunas.
- The human skin takes about a month and a half to get back to normal strength from a tattoo that is done correctly. The initial scabbing will flake off in a week or so.